My husband and I decided to particpate in Verdant Life’s Vegan Food Swap. I stumbled upon it while perusing blogs and thought to myself, “What a fun thing to do! What a great way to meet/discover other plant based bloggers and a great way to try items that, perhaps, we wouldn’t buy ourselves.
We received this great package from Barb at That was Vegan? Barb is our first food swapper and she did us well . After exchanging a few emails about our likes/food needs, this is what she came up with.
1. Dry Roasted Edamame – We haven’t opened these yet but have had them and love them. I guess we’re saving them for a real rainy-day-in-need-of-snacks-day!
2. Sahale Cashews – I’ve seen these at Whole Foods and numerous health foodie stores. We’ve never bought them but it was the second thing we opened and they are delicious! Thanks Barb!ame – wehaven’t opened these but I’ve had them and know they will be a great salty snack for a hike or after work snack. If the husband doesn’t want them, perhaps I’ll leave them at work.
3. Inka Chips – to be honest, I’ve had them before and didn’t love them (though I do love plantain in general). Also, they have palm oil which is a tad fatty so we may not get through most of them. We still appreciate them of course!
4. MMLocal Hot Desert Peppers – YUMMMMM. First, I just LOVE that Barb included a product that is local and made by people from where she lives. We opened these to taste them; now we’re waiting for the perfect recipe to use them in. Truth be told, I’ve had a couple random fork-fulls.
5. Multi-flavored flower shaped chocolates – TASTY! I had the peanut butter and the mint one. My husband chose the raspberry and caramel ones.
We had fun with our snacks and were excited once we got the notice that it had been shipped. Getting vegan treats in the mail beats bills by a gazillion!